This Wednesday, June 22, SACU (Studenten Actie Comité Utrecht) will meet again in public for the last time of the study-year at the square called Neude, Utrecht, 7pm.
As there are more education plans to fight against now than ever before, ever increasing reasons to stand up against educations cuts, increasing fees and other things, like…
- automatisch afstuderen (automatic graduation after 180 ECTS; they decide when you’re graduated, not yourself)
- huge layoffs of teachers and budget cuts at faculties like Beta in Utrecht,
- rising tuition fees (for students studying long or studying a 2nd study) and master-studyfinance abolishment
- ever increasing student debt
- financial repression against MBO-students as a way to keep mbo-students in class, instead of looking at the roots of things
- and the ever increasing influence of business over education
- and of course many, many reasons for solidarity-actions with other sectors within the netherlands itself (as well as outside) though that’s always an issue)
….Be there, at the square!