According to Israeli Human Rights Organization Yesh Din, Palestinian citizens face daily violence from Israeli settlers who live on occupied Palestinian land.
Attacks against Palestinians and their property mostly occur in areas of the West Bank under Israel’s full civil and military control. As the occupying force, Israel is responsible for the security of the Palestinians under International Humanitarian Law. Nonetheless, Israeli security forces stand by idly or even participate when settlers commit violence.
- What is Israel’s responsibility regarding settler violence under Humanitarian Law?
- What is the Human Rights situation in the West Bank?
- How are settelements used as an extention of Israeli control over occupied Palestinain land?
- How may we support Palestinians living under occupation?
Join us for an illuminating discussion with:
- Connie M. Varela Pedersen – Head of Advocacy at Yesh Din
- Dr. Jeff Handmaker – Senior lecturer in Law, Human Rights and Development at the International Institute of Social Studies
Location: International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) – The Hague
Room: Aula A
Date: Monday, April 9th
Time: 19:00 (please be on time)
No registration required. For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is brought to you in association with the International Relations Committee of ISS and Gate48 – platform for critical Israelis in the Netherlands.
Invite your friends via the Facebook event!