Een nieuwe beweging tegen de crisis in Spanje is snel aan het groeien: Democracia Real YA!. Deze politieke beweging staat los van partijen en vakbonden die in Spanje alle legimiteit zijn verloren. Op 15 mei gingen in 30 verschillende steden jong en oud, studenten, arbeiders, werkelozen.. iedereen vreedzaam de straat op om te vertellen dat:
WE ARE NOT SAFE IN POLITICIANS AND BANKERS HANDS
A change depends on YOU, on ME, on ALL OF US
Na de demonstratie van 15 mei zijn er op dit moment nog steeds parken bezet door deze actievoerders, zoals hiernaast op de foto in Barcelona.
Lees hier een uitgebreid artikel over Democracia Real Ya op GlobalInfo.
In Nederland zijn ook Spaanse migranten actief rond dit initiatief:
“We are a group of Spanish migrants living in the Netherlands. Many young Spanish people came to the Netherlands to escape from unemployment and a difficult economic situation. Anti-social reforms, unemployment, precarious jobs, rising mortgages, seizures, laws that limit our freedom in the interests.”
Hier de tekst die Democracia Real YA na de grote mobilisatie van 15 mei naar buiten hebben gebracht:
The day has come
We have taken the streets for a true democracy now
The day ,when the citizens have decided to meet and join their voices
The day ,when we have covered the streets with a clear message
WE ARE NOT SAFE IN POLITICIANS AND BANKERS HANDS
And the message took the streets across the whole country
And the streets celebrated that day as the first day that we have taken a true change.
A change depends on YOU,on ME, on ALL OF US:young people,elder people,workers,unmployed people.
The Media won’t silence our voices any more because we have seen we are REAL people, just as the DEMOCRACY we are demanding.
There is no excuse
HISTORY is looking at us and it is our turn to make a movement
We are ready to CHANGE:
Change Injustice into justice
Change Corruption into responsability and dignity
Change Outrage into action
Today, May the 15th, 2011 has been of something unstoppable
The true Democracy of people who consciously choose their path True democracy who chose consciusly the way
We are demanding a true democracy ,now
Are you thinking that you can’t do anything?
To accept your responsability is to take the challenge
Be a part of the necessary change for a world which will be as you want it to be
Democracy is your choice. Use it.
We are ordinary people. We are like you: people, who get up every morning to study, work or find a job, people who have family and friends. People, who work hard every day to provide a better future for those around us.
Some of us consider ourselves progressive, others conservative. Some of us are believers, some not. Some of us have clearly defined ideologies, others are apolitical, but we are all concerned and angry about the political, economic, and social outlook which we see around us: corruption among politicians, businessmen, bankers, leaving us helpless, without a voice.
This situation has become normal, a daily suffering, without hope. But if we join forces, we can change it. It’s time to change things, time to build a better society together. Therefore, we strongly argue that:
- The priorities of any advanced society must be equality, progress, solidarity, freedom of culture, sustainability and development, welfare and people’s happiness.
- These are inalienable truths that we should abide by in our society: the right to housing, employment, culture, health, education, political participation, free personal development, and consumer rights for a healthy and happy life.
- The current status of our government and economic system does not take care of these rights, and in many ways is an obstacle to human progress.
- Democracy belongs to the people (demos = people, krátos = government) which means that government is made of every one of us. However, in Spain most of the political class does not even listen to us. Politicians should be bringing our voice to the institutions, facilitating the political participation of citizens through direct channels that provide the greatest benefit to the wider society, not to get rich and prosper at our expense, attending only to the dictatorship of major economic powers and holding them in power through a bipartidism headed by the immovable acronym PP & PSOE.
- Lust for power and its accumulation in only a few; create inequality, tension and injustice, which leads to violence, which we reject. The obsolete and unnatural economic model fuels the social machinery in a growing spiral that consumes itself by enriching a few and sends into poverty the rest. Until the collapse.
- The will and purpose of the current system is the accumulation of money, not regarding efficiency and the welfare of society. Wasting resources, destroying the planet, creating unemployment and unhappy consumers.
- Citizens are the gears of a machine designed to enrich a minority which does not regard our needs. We are anonymous, but without us none of this would exist, because we move the world.
- If as a society we learn to not trust our future to an abstract economy, which never returns benefits for the most, we can eliminate the abuse that we are all suffering.
- We need an ethical revolution. Instead of placing money above human beings, we shall put it back to our service. We are people, not products. I am not a product of what I buy, why I buy and who I buy from.
For all of the above, I am outraged.
I think I can change it.
I think I can help.
I know that together we can.I think I can help.
I know that together we can.
Pingback: De Spaanse opstand op de Dam! « Kritische Studenten Utrecht
Pingback: Do 15 sept. – KSU/Basta! Debate: Europe in chaos, from square to parliament « Kritische Studenten Utrecht